Friday, April 19, 2024

National Volunteer Week Spotlight: T. Arnold Ferguson

It's National Volunteer Week and we're celebrating T. Arnold Ferguson's 🌟 65 YEARS OF SERVICE! 🌟

T., of the Southeast Tennessee Red Cross Chapter, began his Red Cross service as a member of his high school’s Youth Council. Since then, he’s supported Red Cross chapters throughout New England, Ohio and Tennessee. He’s also touched each Red Cross line of service.

To T., being a Red Cross volunteer means giving service to his local, national and international community. “The primary thing that has inspired me to continue all these years is that in my many varied roles with the Red Cross ─ from stuffing envelopes to board member ─ I have witnessed the real impact we have on the lives and well-being of people,” he said.

“Perhaps the one experience that stands out most is when a young man who had been one of my first aid students let me know that, because of what I had taught him, he had been able to save his father’s life,” he recalled. “He thought I had empowered him to do that, but it was the Red Cross that had empowered me. It not only taught me the first aid skills, but it taught me how to teach those skills to others. “

No comments:

Post a Comment