Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Letter from Northeast Tennessee Executive Director, Heather Carbajal - March 2020

Let me start by wishing you all a Happy Red Cross Month! I am so thankful for each and every one of you. I know there are a lot of organizations you could be spending your time with, and I am honored that you have chosen to serve with us. I’d like to give a special thank you to those who have supported our disaster clients with their home fires and localized flooding. Our case load has seen a tremendous increase as the weather got colder, and I am so proud of the enthusiasm, kindness and compassion I have seen from you all. 

Spring is just around the corner, and we have a lot of exciting events coming up, including our All Volunteer Meeting on March 2, a “Stop the Bleed” training on March 13, and a Shelter Drill on March 14. We are also gearing up for our annual Sound the Alarm, Save A Life Campaign kick-off on April 18 in Kingsport. We will need all hands-on deck to make this year’s event a success and would love your support. If you haven’t registered yet, you can sign up at this link: SoundTheAlarm.org/Tennessee

As we continue to live out our mission, I want to encourage you to be relentlessly kind: not only to our clients, but to yourselves and your fellow volunteers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment