Friday, January 12, 2018

Letter from Mid-West Tennessee Executive Director, David Hicks - January 2018

Happy New Year, Mid-West Tennessee team!! I hope that each of you had a fantastic holiday season with your respective families and enjoyed the “less stress” time (hopefully!) that came with it. As I’m writing this article, I’m feeling very nostalgic about the “year that was” and all that we experienced as a chapter during it. I’m especially appreciative of those of you who are newer volunteers that I didn’t even know a year ago (and are now vital parts of the services our chapter provides and I consider personal friends)!

As we look ahead to the year to come, we all ask ourselves what challenges and victories await us in 2018 as a chapter. I feel the more important question we should ask ourselves is are we prepared as a chapter for whatever may come our way over the next 12 months. I’m so thankful for the commitment level and dedication I’ve seen from so many of you in our volunteer family over the last 6-8 months to pursue any and all training opportunities and discussion sessions we’ve provided as a chapter. You are certainly better equipped and prepared to serve your chosen positions and roles. Let’s keep it up as we enter the new year!

Lastly, thanks to so many of you for the concerted effort I’ve seen to help create a more positive environment in our chapter over the last few months. As many of you know through frank discussions and meetings with me and Heather, we’d gotten in a “rut” of sorts as a chapter family and become prone to look for areas to criticize in the services of our chapter (while failing to offset it with earned praise and encouragement). I’ve seen a SIGNIFICANT amount of growth in this area and couldn’t be prouder of the efforts of so many of our volunteers in this regard! I feel that this has not only benefited all of you who are veterans in your service to the chapter, but it has also enhanced the experience of our newer volunteers and made them feel more welcomed and appreciated than in times past. Let’s continue to build on this culture while in the office and out in the field of service!
I want to say, once again, what a privilege it has been for me to serve as your Chapter Executive over the last year and a half! Let’s approach 2018 with eyes wide open to our tasks and arms extended to those in need across the 14 counties that we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment