County officials have also collaborated with United Way of Greater Knoxville to announce the transition of all Sevier County wildfire recovery-related calls to East Tennessee 2-1-1. Local residents can dial 2-1-1 toll free, and concerned citizens outside the local area can dial 865-215-4211. The call center will operate Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
The www.mountaintough.org website and 2-1-1 can provide current and accurate information on the following:
• Non-profit organizations that are accepting monetary donations and information on those organizations.
• How do you contribute in-kind donations such as food, clothing, toys and school supplies.
• How to schedule a drop-off of in-kind donations.
• An updated list of items currently being accepted and items that are not being accepted.
• Information on warehouse locations and victim relief centers accepting in-kind donations.
• Updated video of Gatlinburg and the area as it recovers.
• Current updates and press releases.
• A link to GIS mapping of the fire damage.
• How to volunteer to assist in the recovery efforts.
• How your organization or group can sign up to help with the recovery efforts.
• And much more.