Saturday, November 19, 2016
Latest Tennessee Wildfire Information and Important Links
Here are a couple of wildfire photos taken by East Tennessee Red Crossers in Walland. Wildfires are still affecting many parts of the eastern half of Tennessee. For the latest update (as of 3 p.m. Central Time) on the wildfires throughout the state, check out this link from the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry.
We'd also like to share the following important links again which we shared last week. Even if you're not currently in an area affected by wildfires, these are good resources to share with family and friends and to save for future reference:
* airnow.gov - This site from the EPA offers a regularly updated map of the Air Quality Index (AQI). There's currently a Code Orange Air Quality Alert for much of East Tennessee, meaning "unhealthy for sensitive groups."
* tnema.org - Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) - TEMA issued a Level 3 State of Emergency last week due to the wildfires, and it's currently still at that level.
* burnsafetn.org - The site from the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry offers a daily fire report, maps of the current wildfire situations in the state, and burn ban information.
* redcross.org/shelters - The Red Cross shelter locator. While there are no shelters currently open in Tennessee, this map will indicate if ones do open. You can also search for shelters away from home with our free Emergency and Wildfire apps, which you can learn more about at redcross.org/apps.
* rdcrss.org/wildfire - This shortened Red Cross link offers info on how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from wildfires. It also provides a map showing the active wildfires in the state.