Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Letter from Volunteer Award Winner, Houston Kinnard

Dear Comrades,

It is with deep appreciation that I pen these lines to say "THANK YOU" for nominating me, which led to my being chosen for the Red Cross Award.

The Special Citation for Exceptional Performance and Extensive Personal Commitment was more than I could ever have dreamed of.  Please share my sentiments to Peter Rousos, Board Chair, and Joel Sullivan, Regional CEO.  I am deeply appreciative to you, the staff and all those who had any part in selecting me as an American Red Cross Award recipient. 

In a book written by my brother, Richmond Kinnard, entitled "MEMORIES OF THE PAST", in one of the chapters in which I was a contributor, I recounted some of my memories.  Today, April 8, 2014, I will be able to add to those MEMORIES, my selection on April 6, 2014 as an AMERICAN RED CROSS AWARD RECIPIENT.   Believe me, this has been a special honor for me and I shall always treasure it.

Your kindness shall never be forgotten, and will always be remembered, and shall never be obliterated.

May God bless and keep you in his care,
Thanks,
Houston Kinnard, American Red Cross Volunteer


(Houston Kinnard pictured left, with Regional CEO, Joel Sullivan)

No comments:

Post a Comment