Thursday, March 27, 2014

Nashville Introduces New Canine Mascot

Say a nice, friendly “woof” to Nashville’s newest canine mascot, Bubbles!

Proud owners, Bob and Susan Stafford, adopted the bulldog mix back in March 2011. The two started getting involved in their local Red Cross not long after. Currently, Bob serves on the DAT Team here in Nashville and is the captain in Wilson County. I got the opportunity to have a one-on-one with Bubbles, now three, and get the 411 on our newest, cuddliest recruit!

Red Cross: Congratulations, you’re the new Red Cross Representative Dog! What are you most looking forward to?
Bubbles: I’m looking forward to meeting all the new people and proudly wearing my schnazzy vest at events to promote the Red Cross.

RC: What is it about the Nashville community that you like the best?
B: I like how pet-friendly the area is. My parents and I participate in every dog walk around town, and there’s one nearly every week!

RC: Do you have any ideas for future events?
B: I’m up for anything! I’d like to come visit you all at the office. Maybe we could schedule a field trip? I like to get out there and help make the Red Cross more visible to the public.

RC: Ok, time for a fun one. What’s something you want future participants in Red Cross events to know about you?
B: I’m super friendly and would love to meet you!

Pet care and pet safety has always been an important facet at the Red Cross. It’s essential to be informed about the proper first aid and care for your favorite furry friend. To learn more, download the app at http://redcross.org/mobile-apps or check out a local pet first aid class.

By: Kate Krug

No comments:

Post a Comment